SimHub Isspro Gauges for ATS

I have been trying to step up my realism and immersion for truck simulation.  I have always appreciated a good gauge cluster.  Seeing all the gauges moving around is a cool touch to any sim.  I wasn't able to find a dashboard that fit my needs so I figured lets just create one.

So lets start with some pictures and what needs to be done.  We will start with the Fuel Gauge.  

Using all the wizardry of copy, paste and erase.  I was able to leave gimp with a image of the gauge with no needle.  You will see its not perfect..  A few touchups will have it looking perfect.

From here this is where the fun starts.   For me I found that it was easiest to just copy an existing needle and its settings from another project and cater it to the new gauge.  So lets take a look at that.  Here we have a simple dash that consists of 3 gauges.  Fuel, Oil Pressure and Oil Temp.  

Lets borrow a dial gauge from another project.  I will simply copy the SpeedGauge Dial over to our gauge and position it correctly.  You can also select the default Dial Gauge and build it from scratch its up to you.

Now lets take a look at the settings I'm using and I will show you what I changed to get it working for me. First thing I did was match up the major ticks with the gauge picture I have in use.  


Here you can see I have set the majortickcolor to red so they would be visible.  Once you have them aligned you can choose transparent for the color. So now I have my ticks lined up lets set our value.  You will see our Value range is from 0-100. Below that is our scale.  This will control how far the needle will traverse on the dial.  You will want your start angle to be at the bottom of the gauge and the sweep angle to end at the end of the gauge.  In our case that would be start at E and end at F. The magic will take place when we tie the telemetry to the gauge needle.

Here is the ncalc formula for fuel percentage.  To access this you will click on the calc icon you can see its green in the screenshot.  The value it reads from the game will be used to move the gauge needle.  The last thing I did was size the needle so it fit the gauge.  From here we are off to the races.

Take a look at this short I created to show the gauges in action.

If you would like to download the Dash Templates they are available on my Discord 
Link to my Discord
or 

I have uploaded my v2 to include more dashboards. You can get it from my discord or overtake.gg









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did you know you can go to Mexico? Reforma Map for American Truck Simulator

Some things I have found helpful for Truck Simulation Part 1

My time in Nebraska.