What have I been up to? New Peripherals

 






 Well as always I'm on a mission to tweak and change my truck simulator rig.  As each day passes I think about different ways I can make my experience feel more realistic.  One thing I have always been fond of is the ability to roll down your windows in American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2.  It's a silly little animation that really did it for me.  So since I started playing I wanted to have actual window controls. 

The build was very simple.  I went at this build with a rough idea that I wanted to try to use a USB encoder.  Next I just hit amazon for a cheap master power windows control switch.  I went with a OE 68110866AB.  This was commonly used in Dodge Caravans, Dodge Rams and other Mopar vehicles.  This one in particular has a 3+9 pin.  I figured I would just see what pins do what and go from there.  

 


I was able to determine some of the pin outs.  I was able to get the rear window switches working.  Which to start was enough for me.  Here are the pins I used.  Your mileage may vary depending on model and pin out but it was pretty easy to determine what did what.  



With the terminal identified I just connected them to the USB encoder and began mapping the buttons.  

From there I was off to the races and ready to mount it up.







This is what I ended up with.  Im happy with the results.



List of supplies used.

Using these links helps me a earn a small commission and are of no cost to you.  These small contributions are what helps me keep my channel going so I can provide videos like this.  Thank you.


List of supplies

USB Encoder 

https://amzn.to/3IsHKek

Power Window Controls

https://amzn.to/4gODZ2W

Old cigar box

foam project board

hot glue

Soldering Iron











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did you know you can go to Mexico? Reforma Map for American Truck Simulator

Some things I have found helpful for Truck Simulation Part 1

My time in Nebraska.